ABOUT THEIB DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
The holistic IB Diploma Programme encourages students to develop the key qualities and character traits of a lifelong learner. In other words to become inquirers, independent thinkers, open-minded and caring individuals, risk-takers and clear communicators. It forces students to step outside their comfort zone and grow in ways that will serve them well for their university studies.
WHO IS IT FOR
- Students aged 16-18 who wish to obtain the most broadly recognised qualification for university entrance in Switzerland and worldwide
WHAT IS IT
- A well-established, comprehensive international educational platform that serves students extremely well for the future
- A holistic bilingual or predominantly English academic programme based on the study of six disciplines, a theory of knowledge course, an extended essay, and a community service component
- A course that develops the breadth and depth of each student’s knowledge, and enables them to flourish intellectually, emotionally, ethically and physically
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES
- Provides students with a diploma that is accepted by universities in Switzerland and worldwide
- Provides students with a broad range of competencies, the chance to explore their strengths, and excellent preparation for their educational and professional futures
- Cultivates independent, internationally-minded students who are capable of taking responsibility for their own learning
- Enables students to take action by applying what they learn in classrooms to real world situations
- As a non-exclusive school, any student who wishes to study our flagship IB Diploma programme may do so. Haut-Lac students have obtained excellent results over the last 4 years, with an impressive average of 33.29 points (world average: 29.9) and a pass rate of over 96%.