At Haut-Lac International Bilingual School, we believe that summer is not a reason to stop learning. We have thus created a fun-filled, educational and inspiring summer camp programme. Children get to improve their English and French whilst experiencing the fun of sailing, horse-riding and hiking.
Summer camp is not just about fun and excitement. By enrolling your child in one or more of our summer camp programmes, you are giving him or her the opportunity to learn and practice critical life skills for success in university and adult life. Here is just a short list of the life skills that are developed during our summer camp.
- Taking risks and trying new things
- Taking responsibility
Depending on their summer goals, parents and students may choose from primarily action-based camp programmes like Trailblazers, academic-based programmes like Language camp, and many others. Please visit our dedicated camp website for more information about current programmes and prices.
Students who sign up for our Day Camp programmes enjoy a full day of activities, from drop-off pick-to up. Hot lunch is available for students who request it in advance. Students may also bring their own picnic lunch, and Haut-Lac provides a free barbeque lunch for all participants every Friday.
Here is a few of the day camp programmes that parents and students can choose from:
- Language camp. Students benefit from an early skills assessment, and work on developing French and English language skills under the guidance of a dedicated instructor.
- Trailblazers camp. This is an adrenalin-filled adventure for ultimate explorers. From simulated sky-diving to rafting, excitement and thrills are guaranteed.
- Horse-riding camp. Give your child an early experience of this noble sport! Children learn how to take care of their horse and acquire basic riding techniques.
- Fun camp. From labyrinth races to painting, this programme is full of fun all the time. Our students visit zoos and the salt mines, tour museums, walk through the woods, play team sports and swim.
- Cooking camp. Students learn the fun art and science of cooking and baking. From lasagne to apple tarts, we explore ingredients, preparation and cooking techniques and food presentation.
- Sailing camp. Lake Geneva offers a magnificent and safe environment in which to learn sailing under the guidance of experienced professionals.
- Golf camp. Whether you want your child to get his or her first exposure to the game or to improve, our instructors and beautiful courses deliver the perfect experience.
Health and safety
At Haut-Lac International Bilingual School day camps, we have put a lot of thought and care into making every programme fun and exciting for our participants. We are also aware that fun should never compromise health and safety. Our staff and administration are honoured to be trusted with the well-being of your children while they are in our care, and we take that responsibility very seriously.
- We have a dedicated team that tests every programme to identify all potential hazards and safety issues. Our equipment is regularly upgraded and meticulously maintained, and we have the right systems in place to ensure the safety and well-being of every participant and staff member.
- We review all transportation options, accommodation and services sourced off campus to ensure that they are safe, clean and compliant with all rules and regulations.
- Our staff is thoroughly trained in safety procedures, first-aid and situational awareness. They take every precaution to minimise risk, and are well-equipped to make good decisions.
Sign-up for summer camp
We offer a variety of summer camp options, and understand that it may be challenging to pick the right one for your child. Rest assured that our staff is happy to meet with you, explain the differences between different programmes, and help you choose one where your child will grow and thrive in an exciting, fun, and educational environment. Call us today to schedule a visit!
Tél: +21 555 5000