EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATIONTHE ACADEMICS
- Personalised International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme, Diploma Programme and Careers-Related Programme, programmes for 11-18-year olds
- Flexible or extended Sport & Study timetables to help young athletes pursue both their academic and sporting goals
- English, French and fully bilingual pathways taught by highly qualified and experienced native speakers
- Small class sizes to ensure students get the help they need when they need it
- English and/or French support sessions to help students develop their language skills
HOME AWAY FROM HOMETHE ACCOMMODATION
- A bright and cosy, two-person bedroom with private bathroom
- Power breakfasts, lunches and dinners to boost productivity and energy levels
- Two dedicated study rooms to ensure maximum focus during weekend and evening homework time
- A spacious common room, terrace and large garden overlooking Lake Geneva and the Alps beyond in which to relax in the evenings and at weekends
- Four outdoor sports fields (2 at the boarding house & 2 at school) and an indoor fitness room to help them stay active and/or relax after a day of learning
- Activities and experiences led by our supportive tutors, boarding staff and school counselor to ensure their physical and mental well-being
- Experienced boarding house supervisors to ensure their day-to-day safety and well-being
Take a look insideThe Boarding House
FEEL AT HOMEIN SWITZERLAND
But unlike other international schools, 62% of our students are local and 21.6% of those are Swiss. And it’s this stability that helps the others settle into life at Haut-Lac and in Switzerland quickly.
Within the boarding house, however, we opt for diversity by capping each nationality at 10%. Our boarders are therefore able to better their multicultural awareness and understanding as they get to know and interact with each during their studies. Skills that will put them in good stead when they enter the real world after graduation.
FEEL GOOD &SUCCEED
We therefore offer a boutique boarding solution to:
- international students seeking a bilingual, English or French IB education on the shores of Lake Geneva.
- student-athletes looking for a way into the world’s top universities without abandoning their sporting dreams.
- over 150 artistic, cultural and sporting after-school activities with their Haut-Lac peers,
- learning and/or developing their skiing skills with quali ied instructors from early December until end of March.
- discovering the local area on planned cultural and sporting weekend activities and trips,
- or simply enjoying some free time with their friends in the comfort of the boarding house.
08:10 – 08:25 – Registration & Tutor time
08:25 – 12:10 – Lessons
12:10 – 12:50 – Lunch
12:50 – 15:30 – Lessons
15:40 – 17:30 – After-school Activities or Study
18:00 – 19:00 – Dinner
19:00 – 21:00 – Study, Free Time & House Activities
21:30 – Bedtime
BOARDING FAMILYEVENING & WEEKEND FUN
Our boarding house team takes over with a full schedule of activities and trips for them to take part in. If they’re up-to-date with their work that is.
For no extra fee, Haut-Lac boarders are able to discover new interests and make friends outside their class during activities, such as Laser Game, Karting, Canyoning, Adventure Park, Skiing, Tobogganing, ball sports and archery
BOARDING FAMILYTRIPS & EXCURSIONS
We’ve also got long weekends and holidays covered, albeit for an extra sum. Boarders who are either unable to or decide not to return home during term-time holidays can sign up for international and/or multi-day trips to places like Europa Park in Germany, the Ticino in southern Switzerland, Paris and Milan.
ABOUT THEADMISSIONS CRITERIA
Before we grant a place, however, we make sure Haut-Lac is the right place for each boarder. And we do so by asking them for:
- school reports from the last three years as we do for day students
- an additional character reference to ensure they’ll get on well with their boarding family
For more details on the Haut-Lac admissions procedure, simply contact us below